New! Zero Hardness™ Industrial Water Softener Systems for Boiler Feed Softening and Critical Processes that Require Very Low Hardness
For support regarding any of our industrial water softeners, products and services, please contact a friendly Nancrede Representative:
Hours: Monday thru Friday 8-5 EST
Tel: +1 888-569-2837
Contact us for a quote on your industrial water softener system:
Tel: +1 888-569-2837
Double Pass, Zero Hardness™ Failsafe Industrial Water Softener Systems
Nancrede Engineering’s patent pending Zero Hardness™ failsafe industrial water softener systems greatly reduce chances of failure and salt waste, reducing risk and increasing your bottom line. Sending water through two water softeners in series minimizes damaging hardness to your processes, production, critical equipment, reverse osmosis and boiler feed by eliminating offline water softener tanks and resulting water quality degradation. Most commercial and industrial water softeners operate in alternating mode, having one water softener tank online while the other softener tank is offline. This mode of operation creates an environment that fosters hardness leakage, increased operating and environmental costs, salt waste and a higher chance of nonperformance due to having a single point of failure. Need ultimate hard water risk reduction in a boiler feed softener or water softener for other critical processes or pre-treatment such as RO? See our 3-tank water softener – the Zero Hardness™ triple tank industrial softener system.
Zero Hardness™ Failsafe, High Efficiency Softener Systems Are Ideal for Critical Applications in:
- Manufacturing Water Softening
- Pharmaceutical Water Softening
- Food and Beverage Water Softening
- Dairy Water Softening
- Reverse Osmosis Pre-Treatment
- Boiler Feed Water Softeners
- Hospital Water Softening
- Oil and Gas Water Softening
- Medical Building Water Softening
- Surgery Centers & Healthcare Facilities Water Softening
- Correctional Facilities Water Softening
- Government Buildings Water Softening
- Universities and Schools Water Softening
New! Triple Tank Zero Hardness™ Industrial Water Softeners
Failsafe – 100% Redundancy Risk Reduction for Your Industrial Water Softener:
With the double pass, worker polisher design, both industrial water softeners are online all the time, which reduces risk of poor water quality shutting down or limiting your process. If one softener tank were to fail, the other tank would still soften the water with no lack of soft water at any time. This effectively eliminates the largest single point of failure common in standard industrial water softener systems.
Performance – Zero Hardness and High Water & Salt Efficiency:
Better performance, zero hardness and higher efficiency can be achieved by having both industrial water softener tanks online all the time passing through one softener then a second. Lower and more efficient brining rates can achieve water quality similar to that of higher brining rates by having the first softener remove most of the hardness and the second polish the water. Most large industrial and commercial water softeners are regenerated with 15 pounds of salt per cubic foot of resin. Higher water quality is obtained than with lower salting rates, but efficiency is lost. Using a lower brining rate but flowing in a worker polisher design can cut back salt consumption upwards of 40%, while still reducing hardness leakage and water consumption. The double pass, worker polisher design of this new patent pending softener system design offers the following performance advantages in regard to hardness removal and efficiency.
- Continuous hardness leakage is close to zero.
- Endpoint hardness leakage is vastly diminished.
- Starting point hardness leakage is minimized.
- Less salt is used to achieve better water quality.
- Less water is used in regeneration steps reducing water waste.
- The best option for boiler feed softeners and other critical equipment that requires near-zero hardness levels.
High Peak Flow Rates in Your Industrial Water Softeners:
For high flow rate scenarios, the polishing softener can be pulled online so the system runs in parallel regardless of which unit is in lead or lag (worker or polisher) position to satisfy peak flow rates. When flows reduce back to normal levels, the system returns to a double pass configuration. The system is bi-directional, meaning either softener tank can be in the lead or lag position.
Zero Hardness™ Softener vs. Standard Alternating Softener:
Standard industrial water softener systems have the following disadvantages concerning hardness leakage and risk of poor water quality.
- Water in the tank and piping of the standby industrial water softener has been sitting stagnant for several hours to several days causing poor water quality due to high starting point hardness leakage.
- At the end of the industrial water softener service cycle, end point leakage occurs as the resin nears exhaustion and hardness makes its way to your process.
- Piping design, materials of construction and industrial water softener control has not been optimized to minimize hardness leakage.
The Zero Hardness™ failsafe softener system doesn’t have these disadvantages as neither softener is ever offline. Hardness leakage from the lead softener is removed by the polishing softener. This, paired with special materials of construction and dead leg minimization piping design, results in minimal potential for hardness leakage and softener failure to ensure your production is never shut down or compromised by high hardness in your process water.
For more information on double pass, high efficiency softener systems, consulting engineering or specialized sizing, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 888 56-WATER (569-2837).